Sunday, February 3, 2008

2.0

Our families knew each other well. It was expected that we marry. He was very handsome and popular with the girls, but I thought he wasn't a serious person. He laughed too much.

One night when it was raining and very cold, I was home and sitting by the window, brushing my hair. When I was a young girl, my hair was even thicker than yours is now and was very beautiful. Bring me my brush and sit here, I will brush your hair. You should brush it often to keep it beautiful.

I saw him walk down the street in the rain. Although it was cold, he wore only a thin coat and his hands were in the pockets to keep them warm.

I couldn't see his face clearly, but I knew it was him from the way he walked, and from his coat.

It was then that I thought he could be a serious person.

When we kissed for the first time, he was serious, and I was glad of it. Later, after he died, I wished he had laughed more. Now look at your hair, see how shiny it is. You should brush it often to keep it beautiful.

No comments: